Public version support limits
MyLearningFactory plugins are developed for years for a big set of operational projects in France. We have developed more than 100 plugins and maintain and follow other 30/40 plugins.
MyLearningFactory development initiative publishes through approved distributors the plugins, raising all possible efforts to reach the state of the art industry level practices to give the most compliant level to the community. We provides code/feature level support to approved community partners and integration IT partners, and a few direct customers who drives the innovation process with us.
Community badge we get for 2019
MyLearningFactory experts do NOT provide any kind of direct support on plugins, but :
Registers issues and feature changes requests in the road map when they are assignable to the road map we have on plugins. This is commonly the case when:
- Changes are small and easy to integrate and test.
- Changes do add a real generic value to the plugin.
- Changes affect a key usage, related to the plugin central goal.
- Changes do not address any competitive or strategical value.
- Requirer can assume own testing and validation and participate to the quality review. Process issue resolution on community published versions with no delay guarantee
- Process quick issue resolution on trivial, central feature diseases or regressions, that impeach basic exploitation of the plugin (cleanness obligation)
- In other cases, distributors can provide professional support to push plugin issues resolution delays, or evolution requests.
APL version releases
MyLearningFactory development group may propose an APL release on some plugins. the community release is published according to the precedent support.
The APL version may add not publicly published code portions, that will available on protected repositories only. These code extensions usually address:
- Plugin productivity (enhanced controls, reports)
- Plugin performance (high load, large scale)
- Plugin feature completion (implementing all missing formats, feature alternatives)
- Plugin flexibility and adaptability (more settings)
- Plugin integrability (web services, integration connectors, interoperability additions).
- The APL version is bound to a maintenance contract that will feed continuous efforts to get the plugin maintained up to date, and adapted to a professional use.
Key priority processing on evolution, feature addition suggestion.
- Priority score impact on issue resolution schedule and arbitration.
- Exclusive announcements and “work in progress” follow up.
- Assistance to deploy, configure and use.
APL versions code license policy
The additional code involved in “APL” sections of the plugins is being developed under LMS GPL framework.
We do NOT restrict any of the GPL license term concerning capability of the code user to modify, copy and reuse, takeover this part of the code. However we DO claim applying a strict application of the copyright engagement that avoids publishing or divulgating this part of the code to the public audience unless we have given explicit authorization to do so.
These additional featured were isolated of the common plugin code to help our customers, or any LMS exploitation that agrees in supporting the development process with advanced, competitive features. though we cannot legally opposite any restriction to the open source statements, we ask any people having be granted for this code part to engage in respect of the copyright rules.